Dear readers, today is the 1st anniversary of our blog!
We can say that it has not been easy but it was very rewarding!
During the past year, we tested and published the reviews of 10 projectors and wrote some additional articles.
- Our first review ever was of our own projector at the time:
– Epson EH-TW9200 (01/06/2015)
- Three months later we wrote an article about the blackest fabrics for the optimization of our home-theaters:
– Comparison of the blackest fabrics (11/09/2015)
- A few days later we published our study of the ADL brightness of movies after weeks of analyzing more than 50 films frame by frame, pixel after pixel:
– Brightness study ADL and contrast (30/09/2015)
- Then, 4 months after our first projector review, came our second review, this time a very famous little projector that we borrowed from the home cinema shop “Heimkino Boutique”:
– Benq W1070 (18/10/2015)
- A few days later, we had the chance to review the brand new Sony VPL-VW520ES, that was lent to us by the German shop “Grobi”, who, after 30 minutes of talking, trusted us enough to give us this 10000€ monster over the weekend! Thank you to them again! 🙂
– Sony VPL-VW520ES (28/10/2015)
- After that we published an article where we compared the contrast of the 3 projectors we had reviewed until then, depending on the room environment (living room VS black pit):
– Contrast VS projector VS environment (31/10/2015)
- From there, the pace accelerated greatly, because we had many projectors at the same time!
- The first of them was a small low-budget Epson, that we bought for the review:
– Epson EH-TW5300 (15/11/2015)
- Our first contact with the brand Benq resulted in the lending of a projector that we liked a lot:
– Benq W2000 (07/12/2015)
- Our first contact with the brand Optoma also resulted in the lending of a nice projector:
– Optoma HD161x (21/12/2015)
- Our first contact with the brand Vivitek also resulted in the lending of another nice projector. We had so much work over the christmas holidays!
– Vivitek H1188 (09/01/2016)
- After that we decided that it was time to properly introduce ourselves and explain how we came to the passion of home-cinema and to the creation of our own blog:
– Anna&Flo : the story to our blog! (16/01/2016)
- Two days later we created a facebook page dedicated to our blog:
– Like us on Facebook (18/01/2016)
- The next projector we reviewed was lent to us by Epson. And the future would show that we would buy this model as well:
– Epson EH-LS10000 (25/01/2016)
- Then came a completely different article, a report of our first visit to the ISE 2016 in Amsterdam, where we saw many projectors including the new DLP 4K projectors:
– Report ISE 2016 (13/02/2016)
- Going back to our field of expertise 🙂 for our first JVC review we borrowed a projector from a home cinema friend in Germany:
– JVC DLA-X500 (12/03/2016)
- The review of the successor followed soon, after a very nice conversation with the owner of the shop “Munich Home Solutions”, who agreed to lend us projectors for our reviews!
– JVC DLA-X5000 (01/05/2016)
- And now we come to the day of today, currently reviewing:
– the Sony VPL-HW65ES
For the future we have already many projects and projectors in mind!
The french and german versions of our reviews should also come more regularly/quickly since we adopted a new compact format for the review of the Epson EH-LS10000 (not for the english version).
So here we are, and now that we finish writing this article, I know why we had the impression to have so much work besides our regular day job since on Week-end, evenings, etc…we never stopped! 🙂
We hope that you enjoyed the read and our work more in general and we tell you:
Until next time!